Monday, August 25, 2008

5 Must See Recipes For The Week

Best Blogger Tips
It's been a breezy week and before I have known it, the week has gone by. Cooked up some nice wings on the weekend and managed to play golf on Sunday, which is an achievement, considering the last 4 weekends that have been lost to laziness and rain.
The food blog world has been exploding with newer blogs getting added and some interesting recipes finding their way into the cyberspace. Though what pains me the most is the fact that I still run into a lot of the normal fare and I still struggle to find some experimentation. I should not really be pointing fingers when this very blog also dishes out regular fare most of the time. This week's selection features mostly classics, one of which I like immensely since I first tried it 10 years back.
1. Ratatouille - Yes! you heard it right. It was the name of a very famous animated movie of recent times. It's a French stewed vegetable dish that originated in Nice. It's full name is ratatouille nicoise. It's a perfect summertime dish, though I prefer to make it anytime. Also, I tend to use much more courgettes than aubergines. It's simple to make and is a good and tasty lunch option.
2. Red Curry Chicken with Vegetables - A much more thicker version of the traditional thai dish. Also it uses more vegetables than you'll find in any other red curry chicken preparation. More spoonful for every spoon is the moral of this recipe.
3. Zucchini and Squash Frittata - For beginners Frittata is an Italian Omelet. I love Frittata's and love to try them out whenever I can. I totally agree with Lydia and would recommend finishing under a broiler or salamander rather than flipping it on stovetop, but the more adventurous can still try it out. For the meat lovers, try adding a few chunks of ham to the mix.
4. Cinnamon Muffins with Pineapple and Mascarpone - I salute the creativity in this recipe. Stuffing pineapple and mascarpone is a great idea and maybe adding chocolate will add more sin quotient to this healthy treat.
5. Pesto Chicken Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Havarti - Great idea for sunday dinner. The kids will surely love it. The pesto chicken is a fantastic idea and adds a new dimension to the meal.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons