Friday, November 27, 2009

Kasturi Kabab (Dried Fenugreek flavored Chicken Kababs)

Best Blogger Tips
I start this post by wishing my elder son a Very Happy Birthday. Garv turns 5 today. Life has been so much more fuller having him around.
A few weeks back I cooked up some Burra Kabab quoting my visits to Bukhara at the Maurya Sheraton and my love for that Kabab. This weekend I cooked up another of my favorite from Bukhara - Kasturi Kabab. I planned to cook this Kabab many times, but always thought it was a tad bit tedious for a weekend cooking and kept postponing its arrival at our dining table.
A nice foggy morning with not a worry in a world and every bit of my body wanting to cook the whole day, I finally cooked up the famed kasturi kabab.
Other kababs that have found their way into our hearts, our dining table and this blog are:


Kasturi Kabab

Ingredients:

Chicken, boneless, cut into 2 inch pieces - 600 gm

First Marinade -
Ginger-garlic paste - 3 Tsp
Vinegar - 1 Tblsp
Salt - 1/2 Tsp

Second Marinade -
Refined Oil - 2 Tblsp
Gram flour (Besan) - 2.5 Tblsp
Garlic, finely chopped - 1 Tsp
Egg -1
Cardamom Powder (Elaichi) - 2 Tsp
White Pepper Powder - 2 Tsp
Salt - 1/2 Tsp

Final Coat -
Breadcrumbs - 1 Tblsp
Egg - 1
Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) - 1 Tblsp

Method:
1. Rub the chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, salt & vinegar. Keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Add in the chopped garlic and fry till starts to brown.
3. Add in the gram flour and fry. Keep stirring continuously for about 10 minutes or till the oil separates. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
4. Mix together the gram flour mixture with 1 egg, cardamom powder, salt and white pepper powder in a big bowl.
5. Remove the chicken pieces from the refrigerator and add to this mixture.
6. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
7. Skewer the chicken pieces and grill on a tandoor or oven for 8-10 minutes. Turn after 5 minutes and baste the kababs with oil.
8. Once it is nearly cooked, remove the kababs from the tandoor/oven/grill and coat with a mixture of breadcrumbs, 1 egg and dry fenugreek leaves.
9. Cook again for 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot with mint chutney and onion rings on the side.

3 comments:

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

U have some fantastic recipes here ,have bookmarked aplenty.
Great indain food...will come back for more fantstic recipes.....

Desisoccermom said...

That is a yummy recipe coming on the heels of my lazy self dumping a pound of marinated chicken breast in some onion cashew gravy. You have some patience my friend but I am guessing the rewards are high too. :)

Gaurav said...

@Vanillastrawberryspringfileds - thanks for the thumbs up :)

@Jaya - It has a fantastic taste ...I just couldn't get it out of my head for long, so got down to making it ...worth every minute spent.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons