The season is over and I'm already missing them. I simply love mangoes and the only other fruit that comes close to getting that sort of attention from me is probably lychees. Unfortunately, even their season is over. So when I found some nice kesar mangoes the other day at the Metro Cash & Carry, it was a reason to celebrate.Here is my ode to the Mango till the next year and another season :)
Spiced Mango Jelly with Cut Mangoes
Mangoes, sliced and diced - 4
Mango Pulp - 2 Glasses
Star Anise, powdered - 1 Tsp
Cinnamon Powder - 1 Tsp
Gelatin - 2 Tsp
Water - 1 Cup
Sugar - 2 Tsp
1. Dissolve the gelatin in 4 tblsp of warm water.
2. Heat the mango pulp alongwith sugar and water to near boiling point and pour in the gelatin.
3. Stir well and add in the powdered star anise and cinnamon powder.
4. Pour the mixture in a jelly mold or a glass bowl.
5. Chill until set. Take out from mold, arrange the mango cubes around the jelly and garnish with sprinkled cinnamon powder.
6. Serve and watch it disappear.