Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kache Pyaaz ka Khatta ( Red Onions in tamarind water)

Best Blogger Tips
Alright this one doesn't have any photos to go with it. Simply, because I haven't got myself to trying this one out. The first thing that came to my mind when I heard this one was of absolute disgust...this couldn't be a dish I cried out aloud. But since then I have asked many people about it and they swear by it. So I'm publishing it, if you try it out, let me know how it turns out. Over the next few days, I might just make it.
Ingredients:
Red Onions - 2 No.s
Tamarind - 100 gm ( soaked in 1 ltr water for 4 hours)
Cumin Seeds - 10 gms
Mustard Seeds - 10 gms
Salt - To Taste

Method:
1. Slice Onions. Put them in a large bowl.
2. Strain the tamarind juice.
3. Pour the tamarind juice inot the bowl containing the onion slices.
4. Mix in the salt.
5. Roast the mustard seeds and cumin seeds slightly. Pour in the onion tamarind mix.
6. Mix well. Serve.

This one it's said is a good accompaniment for Khichadi.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons