Monday, July 16, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007 Gaurav 2 comments
Had this one last week and went gaga over it. In fact, I'm planning to try a vegan version of it to see how it tastes too. Cooking is simple and barring the raw mango which can be impossible to get in a few weeks time, this one's a great way to wow everyone with little work.
Boneless Chicken - 500 gm
Raw Mangoes - 100 gms
Ginger garlic paste - 4 tsp
Olive Oil - 100 ml
Hung Curd - 3 tblsp
Red Onions - one
Clove - 3-4
Cinnamon Stick - 1
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
Cream - 3 tsp
Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp
Poppy Seeds - 20 gms
Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 2
Fresh Corriander (Cilantro)- chopped, 40 gm
Salt to taste
Green Peppercorn crushed - 2 tsp
Cut chicken into 1-inch dices, wash and marinate with green peppercorn and oil. Keep aside.
Wash raw mangoes, deseed and dice them. ( I prefer using a little ripe mangoes than absolutely raw ones).
Wash and chop corriander.
Fry onions till golden brown. Make a paste out of them.
Roast the poppy seeds slightly and make a paste.
Wash and slit green chillies.
1. Heat oil. Add cinnamon, cloves. After they crackle add ginger-garlic paste.
2. Once ginger-garlic paste is done, add corriander powder and red chilli powder.
3. Add chicken and sear it for a short time.
4. Add in the hung curd and cook.
5. After chicken is almost done, add in raw mangoes, fried onion paste and garam masala powder.
6. In the end add in the slit chillies, kasuri methi, cream, fresh corriander, salt. Mix well and cook till done.
Serves- 2 people
Prep Time - 35 mins