Thursday, December 31, 2009

Annual Roundup of Eating Out

Best Blogger Tips
I just cannot stop myself from humming the classic Sinatra song, "It was a very good year". As 2009 comes to a close, I look back at all the eating out during the year and pass my verdict. I wish I could have devoted a full post review to all these restaurants, but alas! the time did not permit (or they just weren't in some cases worthy of a full post).
I have deliberately left out the ones I visited in Paris. They are worthy of a full post review and will follow soon.


1. Five Guys, Wilmington - Great place for Burgers, fries and munching on some peanuts. Never knew a place flipping burgers could get me so crazy.

2. Ranta, Espoo (Finland) - Leave the Italian fare that dominates the menu. Go for the set menu including the Salmon soup and the reindeer steak.

3. 360 Degrees, Oberois, New Delhi - My favorite haunt in Delhi. Great Sushi's and worth sampling Risottos. Indian food is passable.

4. Chor Bizarre, New Delhi -The place to go to for Kashmiri food (I do not know any other in the Capital). The Tarami is a great way to sample. The Gushtaba is a must try.


5. Cafe Lurcat, Minneapolis - Minneapolis offers some fantastic dining. This one remains my favorite. You can read my review.

6. Las Iguanas, London - Craving for some good latin food. Hop into Las Iguanas and get transported to a whole new world. Apart from good food and a buzzing atmosphere, the palce also has a great view of the sites nearby, like the London Eye.


7. Desi Vibes, Noida(India) - Very touristy in its decor. Everything else dissapoints you. Stay away.

8. Zelo's, Minneapolis - Unpredictable ...both in food and service. I know the menu by the back of my hand, having eaten there atleast half a dozen times. Try the Ahi Tuna ..it's really good.


9. Casa Sarita, Park Hyatt, Goa - Goan food never tasted so good. I have been a convert since eating there 10 months back. A must visit for all going to Goa.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons