There has been a long silence on this blog. I have since my last post hardly felt like entering the kitchen and most of my free time has been spent catching up cricket on TV. Though there has been a lot of eating out at restaurants, no dish worth mentioning out here has made its way out of the family kitchen. Till today. Finally, despite the summer heat encouraging me to continue in the cool environs of the house and avoid the kitchen heat, I made it to the kitchen and tried my hand at something.
Cauliflower Curry Ingredients:
Cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets - 1
Onion Paste - 200 gm
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 20 gm
Cashew Paste - 100 gm
Poppy Seed Paste - 50 gm
Tomato Paste - 100 gm
Coconut, grated - 20 gm
Red Chili Powder - 10 gm
Turmeric Powder- 5 gm
Cumin Powder - 10 gm
Coriander Powder - 10 gm
Bay Leaf - 1
Salt - To Taste
Oil - 100 ml
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add in the bay leaf.
2. Add in the onion paste. Saute till golden brown.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste.
4. Add the red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder & turmeric powder.
5. Add the tomato paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add poppy seed paste & cashew paste.
7. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the cauliflower florets. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the grated coconut.
10. Add 1 cup of water. cook and bring to boil.
11. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add salt.
12. Cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from flame and serve hot.