The last 3 weeks have been an overdose of rich tandoori Indian food, kind courtesy visits to restaurants almost every second day. This recipe has been an after effect of those visits and as I write this post, I am already planning to recreate the Burrah Kabab that is served in Bukhara and the Kurkuri Bhindi from Vedas.
Mutton/Lamb Chops - 500 gm
Yogurt - 1 Cup
Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder- 2 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 2 Tsp
Green Chillies, chopped finely - 2
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 3 Tblsp
Salt - To Taste
Oil - For Basting
Brown Onion Paste - 1/2 Cup
Lemon Juice - 2 Tblsp
Amchur Powder (Raw Mango Powder) - 1 Tsp, for sprinkling before serving.
Onion Rings - For Garnish
1. Clean and trim the mutton/lamb chops.
2. Whisk together yogurt, brown onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, Red Chili powder, garam masala powder, green chillies and salt. Chill.
3. Rub the chops with coriander powder and marinate in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, marinate the chops in the yogurt mixture for 2 hours.
5. Put the chops on a hot plate and cook. You can alternately cook them on a grill or a pan too.
6. Sprinkle amchur powder before serving. Garnish with onion rings and serve with mint chutney.