Monday, November 23, 2009

Apple Muffins

Best Blogger Tips

Baking muffins every alternate weekend is something of a ritual at our household now. So much that my younger one who turns two next month calls all cakes as muffins ( or maapin in his lingo).
I tried baking apple muffins a long time back this year and met with disastrous results. The fault was entirely mine. I had gone against the one rule I follow in the kitchen- When cooking follow instinct, when baking follow instructions. I let my instinct take over and was left with something that resembled a crumble than a muffin. That explained my jitters when I set about baking apple muffins this time. This easy to follow recipe ensured success and the aroma of the freshly baked muffins made it into a hit. The first lot of 12 are over and I'm about to make another fresh batch for my muffin crazed sons.

Apple Muffins

Ingredients:

Flour - 2 Cups
Baking powder - 2 Tsp
Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Nutmeg, freshly ground - 1/4 Tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - 1/2 Tsp
Milk - 1 Cup
Egg - 1
Butter, melted - 1/4 Cup
Apple, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped - 1 Cup

Method:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (Flour, sugar, spices, baking powder,salt) in a big bowl and whisk.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients (egg, Milk, butter) in a separate bowl. Whisk well.
3. Add the chopped apple and wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
4. Stir to combine. Spoon into muffin molds.
5. Bake at 220 deg. Celsius for 20-25 minutes.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons