200 gm unsalted butter, softened up
2 cups sugar
3 Apples preferebly granny smith, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cored
1 cup refined flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
10 gm Raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 teaspoon walnut, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoon almonds, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 Dried Apricots, finely chopped
5 gm Cherries, candied, chopped coarsely
15 ml Whisky
1. Melt 50 gms of butter in a saucepan and sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar evenly over butter. Put the apples slices and cook over medium heat, turning apples occasionally, until sugar is caramelized and apples are tender and golden brown.
2. Butter a round baking dish and flout it. Arrange apples, cut sides down, in concentric circles in bottom of the round baking dish, then pour over any caramel from the pan.
3. Seive together flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Cream the remaining butter in a bowl until creamy. Add sugar and beat to combine. Add egg and beat well.
5. Add in the almonds, walnuts, cherries, apricots and whisky. Mix in flour mixture until just combined (batter will be thick).
6. Pour batter over apples in the round baking dish and spread evenly. Bake at 250 deg F for 30 minutes.
7. Invert the baked torte on a cooling rack and turn it over so that the apples that were at the bottom are now on the top. Cool torte on a rack 30 minutes.
8. Cut into slices and serve.
Accompaniment : Vanilla Ice-Cream & apple sauce.