So how many times have you ordered bananas because your kids loved them and then watched as they started to rot. Sounds familiar. Happens at my home everytime. And then you make Banana bread to ensure they do not go wasted. The kids love it too, right. But not when it becomes a weekly or biweekly affair. Atleast not in my house. They are like some evolving species that ensures they test my skills and patience to try out something new in order to utilize the bananas. That is where the Orange banana bread comes in. An attempt to get something new in front of them. They love it, but I know I will have to start thinking for another variation to the banana bread in the coming few weeks. Till then, enjoy what you have.
Orange Banana Bread
Bananas, mashed : 3 No.
All purpose flour : 2 Cups
Baking Soda: 3/4 Tsp
Butter : 1/4 Cup
Castor Sugar : 1/2 Cup
Light brown sugar : 1/2 Cup
Eggs : 2
Orange rind, grated : 1 Tblsp
Orange Juice : 3 Tblsp
Salt : 1/2 Tsp
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar (both white and brown) until well blended.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and continue to whisk.
4. Add in the mashed bananas, orange rind and juice. Blend well.
5. Add in the flour mixture. Mix until just moist.
6. Spoon the batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake at 180 degrees celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for 50 minutes or until done.
8. Cool on a wire rack.