I managed to sweet talk the chef in parting with a few recipes and even take a video of them. Sadly, the video is in bits and resting with colleagues who, since we have come back, are either on a vacation or out sick. More on that in the posts to follow.
The recipe featured here was tried when my direct reports had dropped in for a friday night bash a few weeks ago. The night was wild as it is always when guys get together and there is booze flowing like water. Don't read too much into it and do not let your imagination run wild. It was nothing like a freaked out bachelors party. Wild, as in, everyone was relaxed and speaking their mind out.
Chicken, Boneless, cut into 1" dices - 200 gm
Ginger garlic paste - 2 Tblsp
Onion Paste - 2 Tblsp
Lemon Juice - 2 Tblsp
Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
Yogurt, whisked - 1 Cup
Green Chili, finely chopped - 1
Mustard Oil - 3 Tblsp
Black Salt - 1 Tsp
Salt -To Taste
Fennel (Saunf) - 2 Tsp
Corriander Seeds - 2 Tsp
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana) - 1 Tsp
Black Cumin Seeds (Shah Zeera) - 2 Tsp
Onion Seeds (Kalonji) - 1 Tsp
Mustard Seeds (Rai) - 1 Tsp
1.Roast the achari masala ingredients slightly. Cool and powder coarsley in a grinder or with a pestle.
2. Make a marinade by whisking yogurt, mustard oil, red chili powder,ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, lemon juice, chopped green chillies, black salt, salt and the powdered achari masala.
3. Marinate the chicken dices in this mixture and leave aside in a cool place for an hour.
5. Skewer the marinated chicken dices and roast in the oven.
6. Rotate the skewers as much as possible. This will ensure even cooking at all sides.
7. Baste with oil frequently. This prevents chicken from drying and makes it more juicy.
8. Serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.