Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The joys of baking - Chocolate Chip & Fruit Tea Cake

Best Blogger Tips
My better half discovered the joys of baking a few months back and has not looked back since then. At first it was my signature weekly banana bread that got passed on to her, and I must admit it tasted better when she baked. Then came the other breads and cakes. The cheesecakes (I still feel deeply my cheesecakes are the primary reason she married me) will come sooner or later ...I'm waiting.



Chocolate Chip & Fruit Tea Cake



Ingredients:

Refined Flour - 225 gm
Brown Sugar, ground - 100 gm
Unsalted Butter - 175 gm
Eggs - 4
Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
Chocolate Chips - 175 gm
Raisins, soaked in hot water - 100 gm
Walnuts - 50 gm

Method:

1. Sift the flour and baking powder. Keep aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until soft, light & fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add in the flour & baking powder.
5. Stir in chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts.
6. Pour into a greased & floured cake tin.
7. Bake at 180 Deg. Celsius for 40 minutes to 50 minutes.
8. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
9. Turn out on a wire rack carefully and allow it to cool completely.
10. Cut into thin slices and serve.

1 comments:

Helen T said...

A great sounding recipe, I love a godo tealoaf! Must be hard to give up the baker mantle though!

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons