The summers are here ...the summers are here !!! Its getting so bloody hot, that I fear to think how May and June is going to be. Summers in Delhi and most of India are bad,in a way, that you burn in the heat or get steamed. You lose your appetite for eating, especially those rich foods prepared. It is essential we go with having a lot of food prepared with cool ingredients. Ingredients that cool you rather than make you hot. Yogurt is one such thing. I have loved to use yogurt in my cooking and try out stuff with it. The below mentioned recipe is one such thing. Go easy on the spices and it is a refreshing dish.
Murg Dahi Dhania Korma
Chicken, boneless,cut into dices - 500 gm
Yogurt - 500 gm
Coriander Seeds - 3 Tsp
Onions, sliced - 3
Green Chillies, chopped - 1
Fresh Ginger, chopped - 2 Tblsp
Coriander Powder - 2 Tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 Tsp
Red Chili Powder - 2 Tsp
Fresh Coriander, chopped - 20 gm
Cashewnut paste - 100 gm
Ginger Paste - 2 Tbslp
Garlic Paste - 4 Tblsp
Salt - To Taste
Oil - 200 ml
1. Marinate Chicken with salt, ginger paste, garlic paste & 4 Tblsp of yogurt.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Saute chicken till almost done. Keep aside.
3. Heat the same oil again. Add coriander seeds, sliced onions, freshly chopped ginger and green chillies. Saute.
4. Add in the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, chopped coriander and remaining yogurt. Cook for 1 minute and cool.
5. Blend the mixture till smooth.
6. Heat oil in same wok and add this blended mixture back alongwith cashew paste, chicken and remaining marinade. Mix & Cook well.
7. Adjust the seasoning and cook till the gravy starts to bubble. Do not let it boil.
8 Serve hot.