Bread Slices - 6-8
Potatoes, mashed - 2
Red Chilli Powder - 3 tsp
Cheese, Grated - 20 gm ( 1/2 Cup)
Black Pepper Powder - 1 Tsp
Tomato Ketchup - 3 Tblsp
Mint Chutney - 3 Tblsp
Gram Flour - 1 Cup
Salt - To Taste
Oil - For Deep Frying
1. Make a batter by mixing gram flour, salt, 2 tsp red chilli powder and water.Ensure there are no lumps.
2. Mix mashed potatoes, grated cheese, remaining red chilli powder, black pepper and salt.
1. Take two bread slices. On one side of one bread slice, apply a little tomato ketchup and spread to coat the side.
2. Layer the mashed potato mixture on the slice evenly.
3. Take the other bread slice and apply mint chutney on it. Spread.
4. Cover the Bread slices such that the Potato mixture in stuffed between the two slices and the tomato and mint spreads hold the breads and potato mix together.
5. Cut the sandwich diagonally into triangles.
6. Repeat for the other slices.
7. Heat Oil in a wok.
8. Dip the sandwiches into the gram flour batter to coat evenly and fry in oil.
9. Remove with slotted spoon.
10. Drain on absorbent kitchen tissue.
11. Serve Hot with Tea and chutney.
Note: Please do not soak in batter for long, else the bread will soak the water in the batter and become soggy and break.
Addendum: This happens to be my entry to the Potato Fe(a)st hosted at Culinary Bazaar. You can read about it here.